Should I Get the Memory Maker?
I see this question all the time on Disney Facebook groups and on Instagram. "Should I get the Memory Maker?" The answer is ABSOLUTELY!!!
I purchased the memory maker for my trip to Disney Land in June of 2019. I was by myself for most of the day until my boyfriend got off of work and I wanted to have some pictures of me without me being the one taking the photos. I am not a big fan of taking selfies.
Every time I saw a photographer I went and waited in line (depending on the length) to get my picture taken at some of the iconic places to get your picture taken at Disney and with characters that were around the park.
Below are some pros, cons, and tips to help you decide whether or not the Memory Maker is for you! I definitely recommend it!!
Pros to Getting the Memory Maker:
- The photos go directly to your Disney app within a few hours and are then ready to download without a watermark.
- The Cast Members will add animation to your photos.
- You can get your ride photos.
Cons to Getting the Memory Maker:
- Not all character locations will have a photographer.
- Not all rides will take your photo.
Memory Maker Tips:
- When a photographer takes your photo at the parks be sure to screen shot the QR code and put it as your wallpaper on your phone. It makes the process a lot quicker and saves the battery on your phone. (Friendly tip from a Disney Cast Member.)
- To get ride photos, you will have to type in a number that is located on the photo preview after the ride into your Disney app.
Below are some more Memory Maker pictures!
Some were photographed in Batuu (Star Wars Galaxy Edge), in front of the Castle, the Train Station, and on the Incredicoaster!